Blue Ridge Traveler
Lake James, Linville Falls,
Marion, Little Switzerland,
and Old Fort, NC
Relax, Explore, & Connect
Fun Finds and Freebies
CCF is a church family that
believes that God is alive and
He cares about you! Come see
what all the talk is about. We
are located 1/2 mile south of
Grandview Funeral Home at
1276 Grandview Dr. Everyone
is welcome & dress is casual.
Visit The Blowing Rock
Ripley's Believe It Or Not-
"The only place in the world
where snow falls upside down."
See for yourself the namesake
of the town of Blowing Rock
Open daily 9:00am - 5pm
Click to plan your experience
Moretz Lumber &
60 different species/thicknesses
of cabinet grade kiln-dried lumber
Trim Mold / Crown Mold
Base Board, Paneling
Flooring, Stair Parts
Duplicate Molding Patterns
CLICK for more info
Hickory Nut Gap Farm
Online orders of pasture
raised meats and a variety
of other local goods available for
Curbside Pickup at the farm store
2022 Blue Ridge
Calendar Photo Contest
RaysWeather.Com has sponsored a photo contest and a calendar featuring photos from our forecast region for the past 18 years. Last year's calendar was a huge success--we sold out in early December. The only problem was that so many people who wanted calendars were not able to get them. We'll print more this year!
As was the case last year, the 2022 Blue Ridge Calendar Photo Contest solicits photographs anywhere in the Southern Appalachians (SW Virginia to SW North Carolina) and Foothills. A portion of the profit from the calendars will be donated to the Blue Ridge Conservancy. Last year, we donated $2000 from the calendar proceeds.
The photo contest is open for submissions until June 21, 2021. We're looking for the best, most unique photos capturing the beauty, activities, and essence of the Southern Appalachians in all seasons of the year.
Contest Criteria and Process
At the end of the submission period, photos will be screened by the Blue Ridge Conservancy and RaysWeather.Com to determine a group of Finalists. These Finalists will be posted on the contest pages for at least one week to solicit your votes (in late June). Based on the voting, the Blue Ridge Conservancy and RaysWeather.Com will make final decisions regarding winners based on technical quality, uniqueness, and producing a calendar of highest quality with appropriate diversity of geography, activities, scenes, flora, fauna, etc. Because of the calendar layout, winning photos will be printed 12" wide and 10" tall; so, photos must be appropriate for printing in that size and orientation. We will announce winners in early July. In addition to the full-page month winners, we also include many "Best of the Rest" and cameo photos in the calendar. Last year, we included about 50 photos in the calendar.
The Grand Prize Winner (selected for the calendar cover) will receive a $200 RaysMarketplace.com gift certificate and a $200 cash prize. Additionally, three photos per season will be selected for inclusion in the 2022 Calendar (plus photos for November and December of 2021 so the calendar can be used before 2022 begins); each of these photographers will receive a $100 RaysMarketplace.Com gift certificate. "Best of the Rest" and cameo photo winners will receive prizes as well.
- Original must be available in at least 2400x1600 pixels (minimum 1MB).
- Images must depict scenes of or from the Southern Appalachians.
- All submissions must be made through the calendar submission web pages. Prints, slides, etc. will not be accepted. (However, high quality digital images from prints/slides may be submitted.)
- Limit 3 entries per photographer per season. Additional entries will NOT be considered.
- The person submitting must be the photographer.
- The photographer grants the Blue Ridge Conservancy and RaysWeather.Com rights to use the image in the calendar, RaysWeather.Com websites, and RaysWeather.Com social media sites.
- The photographer must have the specific permission for use of the image from any person recognizable in the photo.
- Employees of RaysWeather.Com or the Blue Ridge Conservancy and their families are not eligible.
How to Submit Photos
Please submit your photos under the appropriate category...
Submissions will close June 21, 2021.
Thanks and check back here in late June for the voting.